Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Red This Ever Gear Wedding Rings

 
These wedding bands + engagement ring were created for my very, very wonderful friend Roy Retrofit and his wife-to-be Ada Ruiz. They are members of the Baltimore synth-pop band Red This Ever. When they told me they were getting married and presented the concept of creating an engagement ring based on a hose clamp and wedding bands based on gears I just did a snoopy dance around the room! 
To start the process I sketched out the rings by hand + then had my old friend + mentor, Philadelphia jeweler Krikor Yeremian create computer aided drawings (CAD) of them. The CAD drawings can be seen on my website here. After Krikor created the drawings we then e-mailed them to Roy + Ada for approval. Once the designs were approved they were sent out to be cast + then were finished. 
All 3 rings are 14K white gold + the engagement ring has the diamond from Roy's mother's engagement ring tube set by Garo Yeremian (who I trust with ALL my stone setting!) on the side. I can't tell you enough how thrilled I am with these rings, they really came out brilliant. If you or anyone you know is interested in having me make their one-of-a-kind rings you can email me at heather@heatherskowoodjewelry.com
 
Congratulations Roy + Ada much love + happiness to you both! See you on The Big Day in Baltimore!

3 comments:

Flash said...

Supa cool, so crisp & clean! Love them!

AJ said...

Simple and unique i love them!!

skowood said...

Thanx so much Flash + AJ, you are very kind!