Monday, May 18, 2009

25 Things That Inspire Me To Create Jewelry #20 Triangles

#20 Triangles

I'm not really sure where my obsession with triangles came from but I have always really loved the shape and it's use in bridge structures. I've also had this obsession since I was a teenager with making these triangle links with drinking straws when I'm out at the cafe or pub having a drink. Which also reminds me of this fabulous dress I made my freshman year at Moore College of Art. It was full ballroom skirt style dress made of drinking straws spray painted in copper to look like a cage. It was sooo cool, unfortunately I never took a photo of it. Maybe I should make a new version with my improved making skills! Hmmmmmm, just maybe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! DO IT!
xI

Flash said...

Reminds me of Glow sticks……

Fantastic sources of inspiration you have got goin on!

Thanks for the visuals and thoughts.

The mind in motion is like a great song.

Peace.

skowood said...

OK! OK! OK! I'll start sketching the dress!

Flash - thanx so much for stopping in too. Glow sticks that's cool, didn't even see that till you said it. hehe Light is everywhere. Glad you enjoyed them so much.

Veronica said...

Cool!!

Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog - I will be offering inexpensive prints really soon, including the one of the kids playing NES.

Best,
Veronica :)

skowood said...

CANNOT WAIT to see those prints Veronica!!!

Michelle May said...

i love your mini pecha kucha. I hope you will be coming on the june 14th!

skowood said...

Thanx Michelle I'm looking into the event now and hope to attend.

Cheers!