Monday, March 3, 2008

Chris Jordan's Photos of Mass-Production

Chris Jordan drives the point home about the dangers and ethical questions of mass-production in his 2005 -2008 photographic series, 'Running The Numbers'. I never get tired of looking at these photos. I love how clever they are, the impact they have and their absurd beauty. These photos truly show why I make a strong effort to shop locally, buy things that are handmade and why I ask you to consider to do the same.


I also found Chris Jordan's series In 'Katrina's Wake: Portraits of Loss from an Unnatural Disaster' an undeniably strong body of work as well. I'm someone who believes that New Orleans is the heart and soul of America. I have visited the city many times to enjoy the great music, architecture and meet the people who make that city the amazing place that it is. I hope people will view these photos and not forget the tragedy New Orleans has and is still experiencing and will demand more from our government to help the people of New Orleans and all over the country who have been left to fend for themselves.

H.

No comments: